WHAT IS YOUR PROCESS?
- Every book or film we create starts with us spending a little time with you, listening, getting a sense of your story, and understanding exactly how we can help.
- We spend a lot of time conducting research - unearthing and restoring source material (like newspapers, photos and documents) that will help place your story within the context of the time.
- We then develop the storyline and begin writing your story…
- …We continue writing your story (because at this point we are engaging in a lot of back and forth, of course).
- Our design team ensures that we interweave everything into a package that remains true to the essence of the story.
- You may want to carry out some of these steps on our own – we are happy to come in and help in any way.
WHAT'S WITH THE NAME?
Plantain is a name chosen based on a folktale about death!
The folktale tells the story of how, long ago, humans needed a concept of death or the world would become too populated,
So we had to make a choice: To die like the moon which has no children but is reborn alone every month,
Or to wither and die like the banana tree but leave behind little offspring,
We chose to die like the banana (or plantain) tree because living life without sharing it with family and friends is meaningless...
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We would love to give you a straight answer here - but because each project is so different, the best thing to do is get in touch with us.
ARE YOU LIKE ANCESTRY.COM?
No, whilst some of our work inevitably leads to ancestral research, our true focus is on capturing life stories and transforming these into unique, beautiful books and films.
© Plantain. All rights reserved 2012 - 2015.